Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:25:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gary Lewandowski <lewandow@cerebro.xu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS/NFS: res_mkquery failed -- causes?

My formerly beautiful NIS system is now acting strangely.  I'm getting
lots of res_mkquery failures, and now ypserv will often refuse to start
up, giving me the message:
	unable to register (YPPROG, YPOLDVERS, udp)

man pages don't seem to be helpful on these errors (unless I'm missing
something?).

Today my problem is exacerbated by my nfsd getting send error 32 over and
over.  I'm not sure where to look to find what that means.

Suggestions on debugging this would be much appreciated.

gary