Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:48:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "JULIAN Elischer" <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.org, bde@zeta.org.au, tony@fit.qut.edu.au, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in NFS

> Is symbolic link support working in devfs?
>
> I need to do little things like ln -s /dev/cuaa1 /dev/gps0
> for xntpd.
>
> It was my understanding that no further development is going into devfs and
> that it's not ready for prime-time without symlinks and permission changes.
> Please tell me I'm wrong?
 you are wrong..

 the following items need to be done in DEVSF

 1/ there is a problem in vnode allocation that canresult in crashes.
 2/ symlink support needs to be added.. it's kinda trivial,
				but needs to be done
 3/ I think I want to add support for named pipes, as Iconsider them to be
		"pseudo devices" and they are often made in /dev.
		also not rocket science. also takes time... (what's that?)