Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:32:09 -0500
From:      stephen@math.missouri.edu
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3Com 574 very slow

I just put FreeBSD 4.1 release onto a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop
which has a 3Com 574B ethernet card.

The ethernet card connection is very very slow.  I tried it connected
to a couple of other places, so I think it is the card that is causing
the problem.  I tried it at both 10 and 100Mhz (by using ifconfig media
on the other card it was connected to).

With Linux and Windows 98 this card works fine.

Any ideas?  Any more details that you need?

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
Department of Mathematics, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211