Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:21:35 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Mahendra <mahen@sapura.com.my>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail showing problem

On Thu, 19 February 1998 at 16:40:12 +0800, Mahendra wrote:
> when i send out an email via sendmail i get a reply like this. any idea why.

> 554 MX list for sapura.com.my. points back to komtel.sapura.com.my
> 554 <mahen@sapura.com.my>... Local configuration error

Your system is called komtel.sapura.com.my, and it's defined as the
lowest priority MX for sapura.com.my, but it doesn't know that name.
Modify your /etc/sendmail.cf to include this line:

  # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
  DMsapura.com.my

Then restart sendmail, and it should work.  You can find this on page
466 of "The Complete FreeBSD".

Greg