Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:53:47 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question on extended attributes

--o71xDhNo7p97+qVi

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 08:19:36PM -0400, Rick Macklem wrote:
> I don't believe that resource forks are available under FreeBSD at this
> time. Solaris supports the "subfile" concept, which is basically the same
> as far as I know, so it seems there might be something inside ZFS, althou=
gh
> I suspect it isn't available for FreeBSD?
>=20
> Does anyone familiar with ZFS know more?

ZFS in FreeBSD supports extended attributes based on Solaris resource
forks code. Take a look at the zfs_create_attrname() function in
sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_vnops.c to see how we
convert the names, etc.

--=20
FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://yomoli.com