Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2012 06:35:25 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        AN <andy@neu.net>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: new port request

On 27 March 2012 01:15, Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Olli Hauer <ohauer@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 2012-03-26 20:56, AN wrote:
>>> I would like to request the following app be added to the ports tree. =
=A0I am not a developer or I would try to do it myself.

>>> Packet Tracer Version 5.3.3
>>> www.mediafire.com/?sx7on7xjuowncl3
>>>
>>> It is a Cisco application that is very helpful for learning networking,=
 and studying for Cisco exams. =A0It would be a useful tool to have on Free=
BSD. Thanks in advance to anyone who may work on this.

>> No!
>
> We allow propitiatory, commercial, or otherwise restricted software in
> the tree. I don't see why the request should be denied on these
> grounds.

I question the usefulness of a manual-fetch port for such a trivial
bit of software... Half the time these things get broken and they're
never noticed by the package building systems.

Chris