Date:      Thu, 14 May 2009 21:33:06 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass9573@gmx.com>
To:        "marco.borsatino@poste.it" <marco.borsatino@poste.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtual network with qemu

marco.borsatino@poste.it wrote:
> Thank you twice: the communication between 2 virtual PCs works.
> Now should I configure another virtual PC as a gateway with a netmask, say, 255.0.0.0? The virtual PC have a calss B netmask.

Yes, read bellow.

> I will also try the tools I've suggested to me.

All IP addressing is pretty much automated in imunes, so you
can create quickly the needed simulation environment. It's
also somehow integrated with quagga, so you can use dynamic
routing(OSPF, RIP, BGP and maybe IS-IS) besides static routing.

But, anyway, it's a time saver to have all network interfaces
configured automatically by the program.