Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:10:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Jason Porter <leporter@xmission.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: acpi in kernel?

FreeBSD-STABLE does not have ACPI support. Only FreeBSD-CURRENT does.
However, the behavior you want can still be done with the following line
in your kernel:

device          apm0    at nexus?

and with the following line in /etc/rc.conf

apm_enable="YES"

In order to shut down the machine and make it power off you need to use:

shutdown -p now

or something similar.

Ken