Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:53:52 +0200 (EET)
From:      Yury Yaroshevsky <yk@info.dgtu.donetsk.ua>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with type file ...

> > > I don't think so.  what platform was this from?
> > This file from software for support NetUPS.
>
> COFF I think is a SYSV format, so it won't be supported.  Who makes the
> NetUPS?  You might bug them and see if they have a BSDi or Linux version.
NetUPS produced by Exide Electronix. http://www.exide.com
But software (LanSafe III) only for:
	Linux
	SCO
	AIX
	... etc ..
FreeBSD is not supported now. :-(

Attempt runing software for SCO & Linux under FreeBSD 2.2.5-Stable is failed.

> I'm in the process of adding different UPS's to a FreeBSD ups daemon
> that's been roaming around the net for quite a while now.  If the company
> is agreeable, I could try to add support for it to the program.
Ok.

--
Yury V. Yaroshevsky                   | 380 (622) 356455
Donetsk State Technical University    | yk@dgtu.donetsk.ua