Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:52:44 -0000
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: keymaps

I was thinking something similar, a way to dynamically modify the map
ala xmodmap would be useful so that users who have particular
preferences can implement the changes in, say, .login

That's exactly what I do with xmodmap and X. The standard maps can
continue to reflect the actual layout of the keyboards then rather than
having a number of variations according to popular user preference.

Paul