Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:01:51 +0100
From:      Roy Stuivenberg <roys1012@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Gmail/Evolution and IPFW

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Gmail and IPFW.
Gmail is configured in Evolution.
<running prerelease 7.2 / stable + Gnome2>

When I can't send mail (with attachment), I
have to disable IPFW, and at that point I'm able to send mail.
After that I enable IPFW ,and try to send the same mail again,
i'm still able to send the mail.
Only after restart it's again not working.
Gmail is configured as I think it should :
imap - server imap.gmail.com:993 SSL
smtp - server smtp.gmail.com:587 TLS
Also Evolution is very slow, seems to hang when I'm typing a message,
like not responding for 5 seconds.
Should I use another email client?
Everything else is running very smoothly.
My CPU is a new core to quad 8200, and I recently installed a new
motherboard, it should run faster then my mother ;)
Any ideas ?
Regards,
Roy.