Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:01:46 +0200
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel debugging question

Hey folks,

I've been trying to debug my kernel. I've successfully extracted a kernel dump
as described in the development handbook. However, as soon as I come across
this step, I don't know how to continue:

# cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNCONF
# gdb -k /boot/kernel/kernel.debug /var/crash/vmcore.0

The problem is, kernel.debug doesn't exist at all. I did an locate.updatedb as
root and try to find it then, but I still couldn't find it. Hopefully
somebody can point me into the right direction

(I used
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html)

Thanks in advance,

Jorn