Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 19:42:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   LabPC Driver Questions

I am looking for someone knowledgable on the LabPC driver (as in example
code on using the thing), I also want to write a driver for a similar
board from Industrial Computer Source that Daisy chains through
multiplexers up to 128 analog channels. In particular most of these boards
have change of state interrupts and timed analog scanning. Could I for
instance use some of the interval timers to time 1ms intervals (and
interrupt) and then the driver would spit a byte out of a open descriptor
which through a waiting select() call cause the excution of a specific set
of instructions.  How hard is it to get a new driver in the source tree?