Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:08:31 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports layout in a fresh 4.2 Release install

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 11:43:45PM +0100, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 11:29:55PM +0100, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 11:15:14PM +0100, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> > > Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this bsd.port.mk
> > >
> > > Why do I get this for some ports, on a brand new installation
> > > of 4.2 release a la CD1.
> > >
> > > Many of the ports that dont complain about this seem broken in
> > > some way or another (webmin, BLT (tkdesk))...
> >
> > Did you run cvsup on your ports-tree (or at least the directory
> > with that file in it)?
> >
> No. is that necessary on a complete fresh install ?

Yes and no...

First it will make sure you have always the latests versions
available. And second, they made a big change in the configuration-files
of the ports. On the other hand, I agree with you that it should
be the working without a glitch, as it worked fine for a couple of
ports for me before I was able/willing to update them myself.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/