Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2013 18:57:16 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>, apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Serf update?

Hello, olli.
You wrote 6 =EE=EA=F2=FF=E1=F0=FF 2013 =E3., 1:12:20:

>> Any plan on an update to 1.3? Any timeline?
>> I'm experiencing some bugs with Subversion and somewhere they suggest to=
 try Serf 1.3.
>> Just to decide whether to wait or try something else...
oh> I've created a serf-1.3.2 port for testing.
oh> http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/shar/serf-1.3.shar

oh> Since serf-1.3.x uses scons to build we do not get required
oh> .la files to build a static subversion.
  Problem is not in serf itself, but because serf could use openssl and
 without .la file linker of subversion binaries doesn't know, that it
 should link libcrypto.a too.
  I could try to workaround it by adding "-lcrypto" to LDFLAGS when build is
  static and SERF is selected is option. It should not do worse if serf is
  build without SSL support, as sstatic library will be skipped by linker in
  this case.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>