Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:42:03 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sprice@hiwaay.net, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha ports collection?

asami>  * I'll have some time after next Wednesday (family reunion in
asami>  * Texas starting tomorrow) to work up some patches.  Got any
asami>  * preferences for the new features.  One think someone should
asami>  * probably take a look at how (Net|Open)BSD is handling this.
asami>  * They have a ports tree that looks somewhat like our own and
asami>  * surely they have something in there to handle multiple archs.
asami>
asami> "Someone". :)

According to:
ftp://www.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk
they use lists "ONLY_FOR_ARCHS" and "NOT_FOR_ARCHS" and use
Makefile.${MACHINE_ARCH}, patch.${MACHINE_ARCH} and so on, as well.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp