Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:32:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gfx card recommendations

Hi

I have the opportunity to buy a new grafic card. I will need this card
mostly for running my Xfree 4.01 desktop (a resource hungry
enlightenment/gnome with multiple desktops and that funny transparency
thing ;).

Now I was wondering what grafic card would be best for my needs. I am
tending towards a Matrox G400, but those are somewhat old. It would be
nice if the card could do 3D in a decent speed, but that is much less
important than fast 2D for my desktop.

Now, what cards would you recommend? What features are most important? A
lot of Ram? Does it even matter what card I choose or are they all more or
less the same considering 2D speed?

Thanks, Tobe