Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:35:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Edwin de Graaf <graaf@cirdan.iae.nl>
To:        gibbs@plutotech.com
Cc:        admin@iae.nl, scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CAM timeout in dataout phase (3.1-STABLE)

Hi Justin,

On 31 Mar, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> The motherboard has only one bus on it.  The termination settings for
> the controller should be "High Byte Termination Enabled", and "Low
> Byte Termination Disabled".  It may be that your motherboard always
> terminates the high byte, but perhaps not.  Active terminators may not
> be sufficient for the load you are putting on this system.

If active terminators are not sufficient, what would solve the problem?
Would it help if we put the boot disk on a separate SCSI controller,
thus shortening the total length of the SCSI bus? Or is a different
kind of terminator better in this case?

Your answers are much appreciated.

best regards,
Edwin de Graaf

--
"O Oysters, come and walk with us!" The Walrus did beseech.