Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:56:47 -0400
From:      "Frank J. Laszlo" <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
To:        "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Amavisd-new and clamav user/group permissions conflictions?

Haulmark, Chris wrote:

>I installed security/amavisd-new (2.1.2,1) and chose security/clamav (0.80.r4)
>as my antivirus solution.
>
>In the /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf, it had clamav as the default user for clamd
>to be running under.  /usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf shows vscan as the default
>user.

I dont see a problem here, not everyone uses amavisd with clamav.
In FreeBSD, sometimes you have to actually modify config files for
things to work
properly in your environment.

>I could solve this by changing the default user of clamd.conf to vscan then change the
>ownership of /var/run/clamav/ to vscan.
>
>I am still not sure if this is by design or actual a confliction and if I should submit
>a fix for the first time myself.

I would just fix it locally on your system, or if you really want to get
technical, write a
patch for a knob something like, WITH_AMAVISD. so that it will change
the default user.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Frank