Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:35:18 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: fusefs-sshfs compilation error

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:26:15 -0400 Dave wrote:

>    I'm running 6.2 with a ports tree cvsupped and kernel sources from
> about half an hour ago.

Do you keep base system and kernel in sync? It's always a good idea.
Did you compile and install the kernel? It's not a good idea use a
recent kernel sources to build modules but use an old kernel itself.

> I'm trying to install the
> sysutils/fusefs-sshfs port. During the compilation of the dependency
> fusefs-kmod i am getting an error that opt_global.h file can not be
> found and compilation stops.

You didn't show the platform. The output of "uname -a" is OK.
And it's always a good idea to show the error message. (BTW usually
two or tree good lines are showed followed by a full error message.)
Did you try to locate the file? May be at another computer? Here it is
for me:
-----
srv# locate opt_global.h
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC/opt_global.h
-----

> For the fusefs-kmod port i did select
> create a global autofile setup.

I just tried to compile fusefs-kmod with a global autofile setup. It
succeeded at:
-----
# uname -a
FreeBSD srv.sem.ipt.ru 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Tue Jul 24 19:30:05 MSD 2007     bsam@srv.sem.ipt.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
-----

> Any suggestions welcome.

Since the file opt_global.h is found (at my system) only at /usr/obj
directory I'd quess you dodn't have kernel sources and kernel binary
at sinc (i.e. didn't compile the kernel after cvsupping).

HTH, WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve