Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 1997 02:14:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Adam Bawor <bawoada@delta4.csam.iit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two short questions

Hello!

I'm a CS student.  Last week I purchased FreeBSD and I have two questions:

1. Does FreeBSD support symmetric multiprocessing?  I have
a dual PentiumPro machine with FreeBSD installed on it, but
it seems that one processor is not used at all.

2. I am interested in concurrent programming and I wonder if
there is a chance to get 'pthreads' library?  Is there any
vendor, or a web site where I could get the library that would
work under FreeBSD?

I would be very grateful if someone could answer these questions.

Thank you.

Adam Bawor