Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 1999 11:40:02 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        Kevin McCarthy <kevin@electronmail.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Star Wars and Microsoft

At 14:37 08-06-1999 -0700, Kevin McCarthy wrote:

>I just realized that the "trade empire" on The Phantom Menace refers to
>Microsoft. It makes perfect sense!
>
>Fear leads to Microsoft
>  Miscrosoft leads to anger
>     Anger leads to hate
>
>Bill Gates is the Grand Emporer, and Darth Maul is Windows 2000. Go back
>and keep this in mind!

I think it refers to any such empire, past, present and future. Especially
considering that any such pearls of Jedi wisdom (in the entire series)
simply paraphrase similar pearls said by Siddhartha Gautama 2500 years ago.

This particular one derives from his dictum "Ignorance leads to desire,
desire leads to suffering." Mutatis mutandis, you get "Ignorance leads to
Windows, Windows leads to suffering."

Adam
---
Visit Count Gracula's Gallery: