Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:15:20 +0200
From:      Fabian Wenk <fabian@wenks.ch>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.1 IPv6 multihoming problem

Hello

On 31.03.09 09:51, zgabe wrote:

> I use the following command as root:
> ipfw add 101 fwd pppgateway ipv6 from pppaddress to any
>
> (pppgateway and pppaddress ipv6 addresses)
>
> It throws "getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument" error!

> Thoughts?

I do have a similar setup, which works fine with IPv4, but with
similar problems on FreeBSD 6.x with IPv6, see "bin/117214:
ipfw(8) fwd with IPv6 treats input as IPv4" [1] for the bug report
I had submitted.

   [1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=117214

Probably I should try my setup with 7.1 once, currently it is
still running with 6.x.

bye
Fabian