Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 13:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> cvsup 15.4 was released the other day.  You might want that rather than
> the crusy old 14.1.

I just went with what was in an old handbook I had on this machine.
I had it d/l'd and config'd in under 20 mins and it worked.

> > If this is the case will I end up with a 2.2.6 system? Or would it be
> > easier just to boot with a 2.2.6 floppy and do an upgrade via sysinstall?
>
> I prefer this method -- it's generally faster and less painful.

After looking over the docs for makeworld on freebsd.org I did decide to
upgrade via boot floppy and do it via ftp. For what I grabbed it took
about 11 hours at 33.6.

But it worked at any rate. I upgraded changed the fstab and rebooted. I
got a bunch of lib errors saying found an old lib file xpecting a new one
but using it anyway when it booted for the first time.

I have merged a few of the /etc files over from the /etc/upgrade dir
and rebooted again and everything came up just fine the second time. no
erros or anything. I"m not sure about all the lib errors, anything I
should be concerned about? Should all that have been d/l'd when I did the
upgrade?

thanks
Keith