Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 02:49:32 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ACPI project started in Japan

Just FYI,

We launched ACPI project in Japan today, but the activities haven't
detailed yet in this project.  We'd like to contribute something from
this project to FreeBSD main stream developing some sort of prototype
but don't want to make duplicated efforts anyway. So please let us
know if you are doing something on ACPI.
Suggestions, questions and requests are very appreciated.
Please see
http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/acpi/
For more info.

Mr. watanabe, on behalf of the project :), made some survey at
FreeBSDCon.  Doug Rabson, Mike smith and Warner Losh are interested in
this area, and already some code was written.  We'd like to keep
consulting and cooperating with them.
For the time being, we will make clean our experimental ACPI device
deriver up, and may implement S5 Soft Off State transition by ACPI.

And, we are going to make this kind of project report in English from
time to time.
# sorry for our poor English ;)

Thanks!