Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:56:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brandon Huey <brandon@recluse.net>
To:        Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
Cc:        Robin Huiser <listmail@node10c55.a2000.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LDAP or NIS?

i think that if this question is being asked, then it's safe to say you
aren;t ready to commit to LDAPifying your network.

getting LDAP working, getting LDAP authenticating in order to replace NIS
takes quite a bit of work. you can get NIS running within 30 minutes of
cracking a manpage, then you can plan your LDAP rollout.

that's how i recommend doing things.