Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:07:19 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        suken woo <wsk@ns.gddsn.org.cn>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: X problem,Undefined symbol "__sF"

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 12:02:21AM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Unfortunaly you need to replace almost all X11 stuff..

Not quite. You can easily identify problematic packages by doing something
like:

$ for f in `find /usr/X11R6/ -type f`; do nm $f 2>/dev/null | grep -qw "U __sF" && echo $f; done
$ for f in `find /usr/local/ -type f`; do nm $f 2>/dev/null | grep -qw "U __sF" && echo $f; done

Then for each file listed do a pkg_info -W <file> to get the name of
corresponding package, and update each of those packages with
portupgrade -f. Usually only very old packages are affected, mostly
those that don't change much over time (jpeg, ungif etc).

-Maxim