Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:28:11 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kai Mosebach <kai@freshx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD X.x-RELEASE as DVD ISO

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:42:52AM +0100, Kai Mosebach wrote:
> Dear List,
>=20
> in times of more people having a DVD burner, wouldnt it make sense to pro=
vide=20
> the latest versions of FreeBSD also as an ISO-Image ?

FreeBSD is provided as an ISO image, but I assume you meant a
DVD-sized image.  I don't know that there's sufficient demand for this
to warrant the extra work and load on mirrors.  For example, note that
we only provide the disc1 iso image on cdrom, so it's not like the
other data you might consolidate on dvd is already provided as cdrom
images.

However, this is something that an interested third party could easily
do themselves.

Kris

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm--