Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:02:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gdb problems

I am running -current, with an SMP kernel.  I did a cvsup last night
and a make world that seemed to work OK.

Is there a problem with gdb on SMP?  I see:

#gdb hello
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) l
1       #include <stdio.h>
2       main()
3       {
4         printf("Hello, world\n");
5       }
(gdb) b 4
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1608: file hello.c, line 4.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/home/tomdean/gps/waypoints/hello
Error accessing memory address 0x4: Bad address.

This problem was reported by Raoul Golan on Wed, 4 Oct 1995.  I do not
see an answer/resolution in the archives.  garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com saw
the same problem.

Is there a resolution?

thanks,