Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:08:50 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Nicolas =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E9rard_Nault?= <nicobn@quebecbsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Large FreeBSD Users / Impressive Metrics

Correct me if I'm wrong but those servers have to run in linux emulation ?
If I'm right, that could explain why it can be slower sometimes. Also, do
your servers use STABLE or CURRENT ?

Steven Hartland said:
> Possibly of interest for you then, we run around 100 machines
> providing public and clan based game servers mainly on FreeBSD.
> A few months back did some benchmarking OS vs OS some of
> the highlights are here:
> http://gaming.multiplay.co.uk/stats/server_os_comparison.htm
>
> FreeBSD does very well in a number of tests.
>
>     Steve

the Handbook, and now in a set of generic slides that can be used or
adapted for presentations.

>> If you have ideas about cool new functionality that we should do a
better job of touting, know of large FreeBSD users (I could especially
use more pointers to embedded uses of FreeBSD), or otherwise have
impressive statistics or benchmarks that we should be getting more
leverage out of, please let me know.

> This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and
the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of
> misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing
or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.

> In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission
please telephone (023) 8024 3137