Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2016 06:29:44 -0500
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating Samba on new server.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:02:30 +0000, krad stated:

>There are quite a few changes from samba 3 to samba 4. We had quite a
>headache when someone upgraded a freenas box at work which resulting
>in a major samba jump. I wasnt directly involved but I think it there
>were lots of stuff with extended ACLs that needed fixing. Don't take
>the upgrade lightly and read all the upgrade notes before attempting.
>Definitely ask in the samba forums for advice.

Thanks, and I am most certainly NOT taking anything lightly.

While Googling, I came across SWAT2 that is supposed to be a replacement
for SWAT in the 4.x versions of Samba. I am; however, not able to
locate it in the Ports System. Has it been ported to FreeBSD?

--
Carmel