Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:10:49 -0600
From:      "John Brooks" <john@day-light.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: dig command for reverse dsn check

another method  ;-)
use the 'host' command with either the domainname or the ip

dle:demo:/etc {101} # host yahoo.com
yahoo.com has address 66.218.71.198
yahoo.com has address 64.58.79.230
yahoo.com mail is handled (pri=1) by mx2.mail.yahoo.com
yahoo.com mail is handled (pri=5) by mx4.mail.yahoo.com
yahoo.com mail is handled (pri=1) by mx1.mail.yahoo.com

dle:demo:/etc {102} # host 64.58.79.230
230.79.58.64.IN-ADDR.ARPA domain name pointer w1.rc.vip.dcx.yahoo.com

--
John Brooks
john@stlbsd.org