Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:32:45 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        stephen@math.missouri.edu
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possibly unbuildable ports reminder

>I remember once that you sent email out to the maintainers when the
>ports didn't make properly.  Does this still happen?  (Seemed like a
>good idea to me.)

The big problem is that the presence of an error log points to either
a problem with the port itself, or a problem with the build scripts.
The maintainers of the ports that the build scripts have a problem with
weren't very happy, so I stopped sending out the individual emails.

I've been meaning to set up a subscription service, so that a given
maintainer can explicitly request emails, optionally for a subset of
their ports, but I haven't gotten around to it...

  Bill