Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 22:01:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        karl@Mcs.Net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports explosion

> On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > ===> archivers/zip
> > Checksums OK.
> > ===>  Patching for zip-2.1
> > ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for zip-2.1
> > cannot open /disk/ports/archivers/zip/patches/patch-*: no such file
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > Stop.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Looks like the patch file is missing.  I'll keep reporting these as I find
> > them...
>
> That's because there isn't any patchfile, or even patches directory, nor
> should there be.  This builds fine on my freshly checked out directory.  I
> think something is wrong with your ports archive, because you're reporting
> huge numbers of problems that no one else is seeing.
>
> Investigate this one, maybe it'll explain why.  There is nothing wrong
> with the port.  I just rebuilt it as a check.
>
> You might consider getting the entire ports section again via ftp, because
> it's not that large, comparatively, as long as you don't lose your own
> copy of the distfiles.  Don't refetch THAT.

Again, I'm checking this out from the CVS tree, which was updated last
night.

Is this to mean that the CVS tree isn't current?!

I went to CVS to *avoid* synchronization problems!

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!