Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2020 12:55:49 -0700
From:      Chris <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Minimal set of pkbase packages

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 16:21:55 +0000 Grzegorz Junka list1@gjunka=2Ecom said

> Can anyone help with a minimal set of packages to install and start a=20
> functional jail? By functional I mean one that allows to login as root=20
> with jexec jailname sh=2E
>=20
> Actually, is there any description available what each package is for?=20
> Files +MANIFEST and +COMPACT_MANIFEST don't seem to convey any descriptio=
n=2E

You can simply extract "base" from any official distribution into a target
jail folder/dir && you're good to go! :)

EXAMPLE from freebsd memstick

# mount /dev/da1s2a /mnt/

# cp -p /mnt/usr/freebsd-dist/base=2Etxz /place/to/jaildir
# cd /place/to/jaildir
# tar xvJf base=2Etxz && rm base=2Etxz

DONE! :)

you could also copy and use kernel=2Etxz if you needed to
do anything kernel related=2E

--Chris