Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:51:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jlixfeld@idirect.com (Jason Lixfeld)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI DLink DFE500-TX 10/100MB DEC Tulip 21140AE REV2-C Chipset Ethernet Card

> Is their support for this card?  It did not have the drivers for it when I
> attempted to use this card when doing an FTP install.  I used a 3Com
> 3C509B 10MB ISA.  BSD/OS and Linux both had problems or driver
> incompatibilities when 21140AC REV1-B updated to 21140AE REV2-C.  I'm
> wondering if FreeBSD 2.2.2 has the same incompatibility, and is their a
> driver that will support the new chipset, and where do I find it to
> compile it into a new kernel?!

http://www.3am-software.com, thats Matt Thomas' site who is the author
of the BSD drivers.  The latest revision of his driver code should support
this card.  If you do install this driver could you give me an ack or nack
on if it worked correctly or not, especially if you can test in both
10MB and 100MB modes.

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD