Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 13:57:29 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@syncrontech.com>
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Avm Fritz!PCI v2 and 4.5-STABLE

Ari Suutari writes:
> Hi again,
>
> On Friday 10 May 2002 11:03, Ari Suutari wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been playing with an AVM Fritz!PCI v2 card
> > on 4.5-STABLE. The card is detected ok and seems
> > to work, but if I reboot the machine (via shutdown -r now)
> > the machine hangs during boot.
> >

> I found that in i4b_ifpi2_pci.c, in avma1pp2_disable
> there is a "/* could be wrong*/" before writing
> 0x07 into STAT0_OFFSET. I peeked at Linux driver
> and it looks like that it writes 0x0 when device is disabled.
>
> So, I went and changed the source like this:
>
> ------clip clip----
> *** /tmp/orig   Fri May 10 11:31:30 2002
> --- i4b_ifpi2_pci.c     Fri May 10 11:31:41 2002
> ***************
> *** 950,957 ****
>         bus_space_handle_t bhandle =
> rman_get_bushandle(sc->sc_resources.io_base[0]);
>         bus_space_tag_t btag =3D rman_get_bustag(sc->
sc_resources.io_base=
> [0]);
>
> !       /* could be wrong */
> !       bus_space_write_1(btag, bhandle, STAT0_OFFSET, 0x07);
>   }
>
>   static void
> --- 950,957 ----
>         bus_space_handle_t bhandle =3
> rman_get_bushandle(sc->sc_resources.io_base[0]);
>         bus_space_tag_t btag =3D rman_get_bustag(sc->
sc_resources.io_base=
> [0]);
>
> !       /* could still be wrong */
> !       bus_space_write_1(btag, bhandle, STAT0_OFFSET, 0x00);
>   }
>
>   static void
> ------clip clip----
>
> Tadaaa! I was able to reboot the machine without cycling the power.
> Maybe someone with card specs could verify if this change is correct ?

Wow ! Great stuff. Since I don't have card specs and, according to
comments in the Linux driver, the programmer of that didn't either,
we'll just have to assume that your empirical change is correct.

Wonder how I managed to screw this up ? I know that I never saw any
hangs with my machine, so I porbably never knew there was a problem.

I'll try to get this into the 4.6 driver, but there's a code freeze
on right now. I'll definitely get inot -current.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org gj@denx.de