Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:44:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Eric Timme <timothy@voidnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tircproxy and recent stable?

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Eric Timme wrote:
> I rebuilt my world for the first time in about a month and suddenly tircproxy
> isn't working right anymore, transparently at least.  When I try and connect

JFTHOI, have you tried cvsuping ports and rebuilding tircproxy?  Maybe a
new patch has been added.

> through it tircproxy spews an error regarding ioctl(SIOCGNATL), which I find
> referenced in a patch at irc/tircproxy/files/patch-ad.  Has there been a

SIOCGNATL implies ipfilter.  Unfortuneately I don't use ipfilter, so can't
be of much help.  /usr/src from Dec 4th doesn't show any recent changes to
/usr/src/contrib/ipfilter -- does your system reflect recent changes in
these files?

> recent change to NAT with FreeBSD-Stable, and if so, can someone please give
> me a date I can regress to so that tircproxy continues working, or an
> alternative product that works with the CVS of 12-8-02 and later to proxy irc
> connections and allow for DCC and ident?

Unfortuneately I swore off IRC awhile back.  :)  Try a cvsup, and see if
ipfilter-related things have changed...  If so you might have just caught
something in a half-way state.