Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:05:38 +0100
From:      Mattias Pettersson <mattias.pettersson@era.ericsson.se>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Route delete

Hope for someone to point me at how to easiest do a user space "route
delete -host xxxx"-similar thing in the kernel of FreeBSD3. The problem
is the reference count. Only calling rtrequest(RTM_DELETE, ...) will
only free the route if refcount = 0.

I added a loop to call all pfctlinput()s with REDIRECT to clear all
cached routes in the upper layer protocols. This works fine, it clears
all tcp and udp sockets.

Still though, what do I do regarding the cached routes of ICMP and the
likes? This isn't taken care of by my attempts. Still, "route delete"
fixes this.

What functions to call? Do I need to send something over the routing
socket?

/Mattias Pettersson