Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rodney Salomon <rstunna1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Please help... nic problem

Ive recently tried to install FreeBSD 4.7 and 5.0 on a
Sony VAIO PCG F-370.  In 4.7, during the install
FreeBSD only recognizes my Linksys PCMCIA card if I
specify that I will need the pc-card for installation.
If I say no when it gives me this option, during the
install, the pc-card doesnt get recognized.  In 5.0,
it doesnt give me this option, so I never get to set
my network configurations.

Well, in 4.7, when I option it to use the pc-card for
installation... it recognizes my card as ed1... and
not ed0?  Also, the card comes up after boot... is
there a way to fix these issues?  Have I missed
something?  Ive searched the archives for this same
problem w/ Sony VAIO's but to no avail.  Can POA help
my situation?

TIA,
Rodney

=====