Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:17:29 +0530
From:      Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao.584@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org, "venky ......." <dvrao.584@gmail.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD mount root error in openstack environment

Hi All,

I am trying to boot FreeBSD 8.4 image on openstack compute node using nova
boot command on compute node, which has Ubuntu Precise as base OS.

I am getting the following crash when I try this.

db> bt
Tracing pid 0 tid 100000 td 0xffffffff95e1df20
get_typematic() at get_typematic+0x7e
atkbd_init() at atkbd_init+0x2f9
atkbd_attach_unit() at atkbd_attach_unit+0x91
atkbdattach() at atkbdattach+0x78
device_attach() at device_attach+0xcc
bus_generic_attach() at bus_generic_attach+0x1a
atkbdc_isa_attach() at atkbdc_isa_attach+0x155
device_attach() at device_attach+0xcc
bus_generic_attach() at bus_generic_attach+0x1a
acpi_attach() at acpi_attach+0xab5
device_attach() at device_attach+0xcc
bus_generic_attach() at bus_generic_attach+0x1a
nexus_acpi_attach() at nexus_acpi_attach+0x69
device_attach() at device_attach+0xcc
bus_generic_new_pass() at bus_generic_new_pass+0xd6
bus_set_pass() at bus_set_pass+0x7a
configure() at configure+0xa
mi_startup() at mi_startup+0x59
btext() at btext+0x2c

When I did some googling, I found out that it has todo with the seabios
version that comes with the Ubuntu Precise. Please refer to the following
links for more details.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/198789
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1435501

So, I updated the seabios, as mentioned in the above links. Then I am
getting the mount root issue.

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0c
ROOT MOUNT ERROR:

I am successful in getting it back with some commands from the link
http://mustaxe.blogspot.in/2007/12/dealing-with-freebsd-mountroot-prompt.html.

Here I am more interested in knowing the root cause of this. I could
able to launch the same FreeBSD in other environmetns like qemu etc.
but not in OpenStack.

Is the Seabios package upgradation causing trouble here or any other package?

Any Info on the root cause will be of great help.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku.