Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:26:44 +0200
From:      Mikael Batard <support@wanagain.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Digium b410p with i4b

On 06.06.2007 09:16, Hans Petter Selasky wrote :

> Thanks for the ID, I've added it to the SVN repo. Maybe you want to do a "svn
> revert trunk/i4b/src/sys/i4b/layer1/ihfc2/i4b_hfc4s8s.h" then "svn update".

Thanks. Done ! :)

> This entry should be under "double_clock" = 0.

OK, why ?

> First you must ensure that you have set the correct protocol
> using "isdnconfig". For example:
>
> isdnconfig -u 8 -p DRVR_DSS1_TE

Yes I've already done that.

> Then according to "man isdnconfig" it is also required to set "pcm_master"
> mode before the card will operate. That is printed out in the "dmesg". This
> is to avoid problems when you connect your HFC-4S to another clock source.
>
> From "man isdnconfig":
>
>            isdnconfig -m 0 pcm_64 \
>                       -m 1 pcm_64 \
>                       -u 8 pcm_64 pcm_map 0 1 end pcm_master te_mode \
>                                     -p DRVR_DSS1_TE \
>                       -u 9 pcm_64 pcm_map 0 1 end pcm_master nt_mode \
>                            power_on -p DRVR_DSS1_NT

Already done too :)

>> Asterisk 1.2.17, zaptel 1.4.1, libpri 1.4.0 and libpri-bristuff 1.2.3
>> are installed.
>> There are 2 other cards installed : 1 Digium TDM400p (with 2 FXO ports)
>> and 1 Passive ISDN BRI card (which works perfectly except for echo
>> cancellation).
>
> You need to use "chan_capi" from the SVN repo, and not "zaptel", to get the
> ISDN cards detected under Asterisk. Also I4B has a new Fast Fourier Transform
> Based Acoustic Echo Canceller. Did you try that?

Didn't try yet, how does it work ?

In fact I'm already using chan_capi from svn repo with capi.conf.
Zaptel is only used for the TDM400p card (2 FXO).

My capi.conf (ISDN1 = Passive ISDN BRI, ISDN2 = Digium B410P):

[general]

nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8