Date:      Thu, 03 May 2007 13:58:43 +0200
From:      "Neo [GC]" <neo@gothic-chat.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rebuilding the system

Hi,

first you should get ALL sources. You can do this easily with cvsup.
In /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ you find a file called 'stable-supfile'.
Copy it to some location (/root for example) and edit it. All you have
to change is the line '*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org'; just
chose a FreeBSD CVS-mirror near you. Below you find the line 'src-all',
this means you get all kernel and world sources. The line '*default
release=cvs tag=RELENG_6' points cvsup to the 6-STABLE branch.
Then do a 'cvsup stable-supfile' and wait some time...

Check out your /usr/src/, now you should have all files, including
UPDATE. Now you can do a 'make buildworld', but remember to cd first
into the /usr/src dir.

Greetings