Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:20:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris <chrisj@outcast.media-net.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wd driver

im tring to install a new 4 gig Western Digital Caviar 34000 IDE drive
into a -stable workstation that we have here. Where i am running into
problems is getting the wd driver to detect the correct drive paramiters
and drive size. Currantly it will only detect about 2041 megs of the
drive. I've tried placing a small dos partion onto the drive and then
letting the WD driver have at it again as recomeneded in the Complete
FreeBSD with no luck. any thoughts?

Thanks

Chris Jeter
chrisj@outcast.media-net.net