Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:57:06 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <grosch@mediacity.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Counter Page

                          FreeBSD Counter Project

The FreeBSD Counter project and BAFUG (Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group) have
put up the first public beta of it's counter page. The Counter project is
an attempt to gauge the installed base of FreeBSD. We current do not have a
very good idea as to what is our installed base, how FreeBSD is being used
and by whom. Because of this, FreeBSD is at a disadvantage when talking to
ISVs and hardware and software vendors.

You are invited to register with the counter project. The counter page can
be found at :

    http://www.bafug.org/FbsdCounter.html

Couple of caveats:

    * This is a beta release. It is not perfect and will have a few bugs
      and flaws. If you find any please let us know.

    * Suggestions and comments are welcome!

    * The database behind this page was built from the email registrations
      sent to Walnut Creek. If you registered at the time of an install
      chances are you are in this database.

    * Your information is held to be confidential. Only those on the
      project, FreeBSD core group, and Walnut Creek CDROM will ever see
      this information. It will _NOT_ be handed over to spamers, direct
      marketers, and any of the other assorted bozos.

Josef (jgrosch@MooseRiver.com)