Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:34:41 -0800
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PKG_DELETE Error Messages

I'm doing some housekeeping and removing various packages.  As a "new"
newbie, this is my first experiment with the pkg_delete command and I'm
getting these kind of messages for each and every package that I'm removing:

milkmaker# pkg_delete -d wine-2000.08.21
pkg_delete: file `/usr/local/include/wine/wine' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/include/wine/wine'

I assume this means that directories that are expected to be there aren't.
Is this normal?  Why might the directories not be there?  I am sure I
haven't deleted them and everything I've installed has been via
/stand/sysinstall.

A little education or a nudge to a relevant web page would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew