Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 10:54:11 EDT
From:      Steven Lee <xv01325@powers.phoenix.telecom.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   QLogic SCSI controller for FreeBSD?

Hello,

I am buying a new PC to run FreeBSD. I have been offered the QLogic
SCSI controller (VLB) at half the price of an Adaptec 2842. I have
two questions.

1)  Is anyone writing a driver for QLogic?
2)  The salesperson claims that the QLogic controller is compatible with
    Adaptec which if it is true suggests that I may be able to use
    an Adaptec driver. Have you heard of any FreeBSD users doing this
    successfully?

Thank you in advance

- steven lee -

PS  I think you guys a doing a great job with FreeBSD. I have had a few
    problems with my system but overall I am a very satisfied user.
    Keep up the good work and keep smiling :-)