Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 08:33:06 +0200
From:      Lonewolf <lonewolf@apotheosis.za.org>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SETI@home has teams now!

On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 12:45:07AM -0400, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> This reminds me...                                           ^^^^^
>
> Does the '-email' switch work properly for everyone else? When I was
> having the 'connection timed out' errors this weekend, I was getting
> them in cron emails generated from stderr output. From the
> README/manpage for setiathome,
>
>     -email
>         Send email (to login email address) on errors.
>         Useful if you run in background directed to /dev/null.
>
> I've never gotten mail from setiathome.

The SETI@home client looks for sendmail in /usr/lib, but FreeBSD has sendmail
in /usr/sbin.  Just create a symlink to sort it out.  Hopefully this will be
fixed in the next client.

~$ strings setiathome-1.1.i386-unknown-freebsd3.1/setiathome | grep sendmail
/usr/lib/sendmail %s < %s
~$ ls /usr/lib/sendmail
ls: /usr/lib/sendmail: No such file or directory
~$ which sendmail
/usr/sbin/sendmail

--
lonewolf@apotheosis.za.org