Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:11:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      tim cle <tim1timau@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Logo

Hello, when I was first introduced to BSD, the very
first thing that I noticed was Beastie. It got my
attention. I pointed to Beastie and asked "Whats
that?", and after my initial introduction one of the
things that stayed in my mind was Beastie. So, as
symbol, it fullfilled all the requirements for a
successful symbol, namely:

1: It got my attention.
2: It made me want to know more.
3: It was memorable.

If the new symbol does not fullfill all of the above
points, then I suggest that it is not as effective a
symbol as Beastie.

Regards, Tim.