Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:22:17 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        FreeBSD Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Amazin' Amavis!

Hey all...

No questions here.  So don't answer 'em! :-)
(j/k, we luvs the FBSD community!)

I set up Amavis (-new) (with its automagic
dependencies on Razor and SpamAssassin)
in a "dual Sendmail" setup, plusClamAV
from ports on a test box yesterday, ('cause
 the last time I played around with my #1
mail server I broke something about Sendmail
and had to run two shops off the backup MX
for about a month)....

It worked beautifully in a test environment,
so today I moved it to production box #1 and
a few moments ago I got my first notifications
on *both* spam and the Gibe.F virii...

/me smiles!

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.

PS> build from ports, and read up in:

/usr/local/share/doc/amavis-new/README.sendmail-dual

pay special attention to file perms .... ;-)